Trouble Viewing PDFs?
To view PDFs, you need the Adobe Reader. Download here
We are incredibly excited to discover the lifelong wishes of deserving senior citizens across the United States.
Please review our wish guidelines below. If you or a loved one qualifies, we invite you to send us your
"wish of a lifetime" by filling out our Wish Form.
Guidelines for qualification:
- Minimum age of 65
- A Legal Resident or Citizen of the United States of America
- Unable to fulfill the wish on your own
- Capable of experiencing the wish
- Not convicted of a felony
- Able to obtain approval from a doctor, if necessary
- Potential Wish Recipient or Nominator should fill out and submit a wish form
- WOL will evaluate the wish to ensure it meets our criteria (if it does not the potential wish recipient or nominator will receive a letter explaining why).
- A WOL representative will call and interview the potential wish recipient or nominator.
- WOL will make a final determination as to whether the wish will be granted.
- WOL will notify potential wish recipient or nominator regarding timeframe and logistics.
- What is a Wish of a Lifetime?
A Wish of a Lifetime is life-enriching and is born out of a compelling story. A Wish of a Lifetime holds value beyond a passing desire or casual thought – it is a dream, a lifelong goal, or a meaningful component to one's life that has been missing.
- Who pays for the wishes?
Wish of a Lifetime covers all reasonable expenses of the wish.
NOTE: Having your wish fulfilled is not considered the same as having won a contest.
- What does WOL do with the names/addresses?
We do add the names to a database however we will only communicate with the person with the newsletter. WOL will not share your info with a third party or solicit money from potential wish recipients.
- Do you only grant wishes in Colorado?
No! We grant wishes throughout the United States
- How are flights handled?
If your Wish includes a flight, you must provide WOL with a copy of your state-issued photo ID.
Please note, Wish of a Lifetime books all flights with the best interests of the Wish Recipient in Mind. However, in order to book flights efficiently and in a timely manner, Wish of a Lifetime must receive desired travel arrangements at least 3 weeks in advance. All other short-notice Wishes will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Will you grant me a Family Reunion Wish?
WOL loves bringing families together, however, due to the cost of arranging and paying for travel of multiple family members, we are unable to grant Wishes for family reunions. A family reunion is defined as: an occasion when many members of an extended family travel to one location for a get-together. Generally, WOL will provide and plan for the travel of up to two immediate family members to visit the Wish Recipient. Requests for more than two family members to travel will be at the sole discretion of WOL, and exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Who can come with me on my Wish?
This depends on the type of Wish you have. If your Wish involves overnight travel, WOL will cover the Wish Recipient and one companion. Other family members may travel with the Wish Recipient, but they are responsible for covering all of their own expenses.
If your Wish is a single day outing, WOL will look into making reasonable arrangements for multiple family members or friends to accompany a Wish Recipient. Requests for multiple companions are dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- If I'm traveling overnight, how long can I stay?
If overnight accommodations are being provided by WOL, the Wish Recipient and companion typically stay between 1 and 3 nights in a hotel. If the Wish Recipient is staying with family, the trip may be extended. Requests for a longer stay will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and decisions are made at the discretion of WOL.
- How are Travel Expenses handled?
- Reimbursement: Wish Recipient and/or Participants will be reimbursed for meals according to our Per Diem allotment. Recipient and/or Participants must keep and submit itemized receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- Covered: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner while traveling. Pre-approved travel needs, i.e. taxi rides, bus fare, car rental, gas, etc.
- Not Covered: Alcohol, souvenirs, other incidentals
- What if I want to meet a celebrity?
Wishes to meet celebrities are possible to fulfill; however, fulfillment of a celebrity wish is entirely dependent upon the celebrity's availability and willingness to meet with a fan. Often times these Wishes take much longer than a non-celebrity Wish to arrange, and can take up to or more than a year to fulfill.
- What if I want to change my Wish?
If you want to change your Wish after submitting, you must notify your WOL Wish representative immediately, and submit the new Wish via our online application. The new Wish goes through our entire vetting and consideration process, and may or may not be approved for fulfillment. Requests to change Wishes will only be considered if they are submitted prior to any planning or work done towards granting the original Wish.
- What if I need a caregiver?
We understand that some Wish Recipients may need a caregiver on a Wish outing or overnight trip. In these circumstances, WOL will work with the recipient and their family to determine the proper party to provide care. This may be a family member, an in-home caregiver or nurse that the Recipient is acquainted with, or an outside caregiver for hire. WOL will work with the Recipient to provide the best possible solution for all parties involved.
- What if my Wish is to publish a book?
- WOL will not edit or create content
- WOL will publish and print books for personal use by the Wish Recipient and/or their friends and family
- WOL will not publish material with the intention that it be sold or distributed to the general public
- The Wish Recipient will need to provide WOL with a fully edited and ready to publish Word Document, which we will convert into a printable book on a self-publishing website.
- Based on the content, WOL will offer the wish recipient a few options on color, print quality and binding. The number of books that we can provide will be based on the cost of each option.
- With a few exceptions, WOL will typically not offer more than 10 copies of a book. Recipients may separately purchase more copies of the book after the initial printing.
- What types of Wishes will not be granted:
- Financial Assistance (cash payment of bills, rent, taxes, etc.)
- Housing Assistance (home repair/modification, assistance moving, locating housing, etc.)
- Home Furnishings
- Technology (computers, phones, cell phones, TV's)
- Medical care or services
- Legal Services
- Vehicle (purchase, repair, modification)
- Potentially harmful or dangerous wishes
- Wishes on behalf of others under 65
- Assistance finding employment
- Wishes that extend beyond the life of the Wish Recipient (funeral arrangements, headstones, etc.)
- Continuous Wishes (Wishes for a pet, season tickets, etc.)
A note about travel: We do not send seniors on vacation. Travel must be purpose-driven, with a dream achieved during or as a result of the trip.